Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the power of tv

rafael has caught a slight fever today (be honest, i can't recall how many days in this month when rafael is free from fever/flu/running nose/coughing... sigh...) so he didn't go to school. that also means i need to look after him on my own AGAIN. in order to keep him busy so that i can do my own work (yeah including updating this blog : P), i let him watch the baby einstein. little rafa is quite interested in the episode on animals. he yelled "wow... wow" whenever he saw dogs... and also other dog-like-objects... that include cats, mice, hippos, giraffes... and even frogs : P

靖愷看電視時多專心!爸爸終於可以忙裡偷閒,邊吃早餐邊上網!


甚麼東西吸引著靖愷?


... 兼且令他十分雀躍?


原本是小(大!?)狗兩隻。芸芸動物中,靖愷似乎對狗和魚比較提起興趣(不過對後者只是有興趣去吃,不是養)。不知道靖愷大一點後會否要求養狗呢?還好我們住的屋苑是可以養狗的...

3 comments:

Kambayashi said...

Today somehow it feels very long staying home, running out of play ideas, so I pulled out the Baby Einstein video also, even though I normally don't turn on the TV (thanks for your reminder). The last time when we watched the 0-3 months category, both me and Yoshi were about to fall asleep, so boring just to watch the toys going around and around....Today, I "upgraded" the age category to 9mths+, good that at least there are volcabulary teaching...feels more realistic. Yoshi seems to show a bit more attention to the program on and off. But I must say, I just had no clue what's the big fuss about the video?! If it's not a gift, perhaps I might not have picked it up in store. Afterall, those are not cheap in considering the quality of the puppets......^_^ hey, does Rafael have any favorite Cantonese TV program that he likes? (Hope he feels better soon.)

amy said...

haha, i agree. i don't really understand what's so good about these videos? luckily this set of 20+ dvds only costed me some hkd200. i play the one w/ baby signs the most, since there is vocabulary about mommy, daddy, eat, drink etc.

we don't really let rafael watch tv much so there's no cantonese programme that he's watching yet. any recommendations? i'm thinking of getting him some sesame street ones which have more singing and action.

oh btw, sometimes i let rafael watch videos on your blog and other blogs, and he is surely interested in seeing other babies. :P

Kambayashi said...

$200 HK only? that's great deal. I think if I buy it here, it costs US$15 each (=HK$120), it's per DVD. They must make a lot of money, all they cost are 3 pairs of socks and some toys....maybe we should do those ourselves.... No I don't have any cantonese TV recommendation, I was hoping u might have some...Sesame S will be good. But I think we should try digging out the old "430 Shuttle Bus", those were the good old days... Hope Rafael will feel better soon, poor guy, has been sick a lot. Get some rest mommy and daddy too.